
In previous years, a woman was expected to be a typical "housewife", and the man was believed to bring home the income for the family. Then, after the feminist movements, women have seemed to be equal to men and now, more than ever, they are believed to be equal. But are they really? Personally, I believe women are equal to men through legal matters. I think a law pertains just as much to a man as a woman, and I believe men and women are viewed as one when in a court or when dealing with a legal matter. However, I also believe that women are viewed as inferior to men outside of legal matters. For example, a woman in the same occupation as a man typically only makes 85% of the man's salary. The only explanation for this is that women are not viewed to be equal to men, and therefore they cannot earn the same salary. In today's society, women have more rights than they ever have, however I believe there will always be a stereotype against women, just like people of different races. Women have made great strides throughout the years, but they must keep fighting in order to accomplish their goals of being considered equal to men.
No comments:
Post a Comment