
Previous to attending the JFK Library and Museum, I did not know much about JFK's involvement in the military. I was amazed that he was a member of the NAVY. It was very interesting to know this, because I knew about his fascination with boats and his love for Cape Cod. I also did not know about his involvement in the treatment and rights of children diagnosed with mental retardation. I learned that he had a family member who had mental retardation as well which is what sparked his families interest in helping such people. Finally, I was unaware of JFK's argument with Alabama's govenor about the rights of African American's. The tone that the govenor used towards the president suprised me. Personally, I enjoyed the video of JFK when we went into the theater. It gave me a strong insight about his childhood, and social life. It was interesting because we learned a lot about his political views, but we didnt learn much about his social life. The only suggestion I would of had to improve the field trip would have been to have smaller groups when we were in the museum. By having 25+ people per group, it was tough to learn a lot. I also wish the tour guide explained more when we were in the museum part. There were many exhibits that I did not completely understand what the were. In my own opinion, I believe JFK would have to be recognized as one of the top 5 presidents of all time. Although he did not serve his full office, he gave plenty of hope to the citizens of the United States. He also did so much to improve the lives of many African Americans. John F. Kennedy was a great president who was perfect for the situation the United States was in.
No comments:
Post a Comment